Re: Stupid use of debconf award

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 02:13:32PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> I'd like to congratulate Michael Alan Dorman for the most stupid and
> annoying use of debconf. The bunch of questions asked on the libnet-perl
> installation are just annoying people installing it for what it is : a
> dependency for packages needing networking functionality for perl.

I think there are many stupid debconf questions in our packages. I think
too many packages ask you to configure every minute detail through
debconf.

As well as questions that are too trivial there are the ones which
assume too much prior knowledge, especially when they are just packages
needed as dependencies and not something explicitly installed by the
local administrator.

Should we have a review of all debconf questions on debian-qa perhaps?
Anyone interested?

Hamish