Re: Why is only the latest unstable package considered for testing?

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 09:43:28AM +0200, Björn Stenberg wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Just minor searching through the archive turned these up with relevent
> > discussion.
>
> These posts, as your reply in debian-testing, concern packages that are not
> Valid Candidates.
>
> My question concerns perfectly working packages that are suitable for testing,
> yet are never considered.
>
> I did search the archives, but failed to find a post addressing this issue.

The reason you are seing this, is that the update_excuse file
information is not enough to know why a package is not in testing, you
can find more information in the update_output.txt file or the testing
FAQ, but basically, for a package to be considered ready to enter
testing, it needs to be a valid candidate and its inclusion in testing
need not to break any other package in testing, which is why most valide
candidates are not yet in testing.

Friendly,

Sven Luther