Re: Why is only the latest unstable package considered for testing?

Bj?rn Stenberg wrote:
> (I first submitted this question to debian-testing, but was referred here for discussion.)

[If you would be so kind as to word wrap your messages before you send
them it would make reading and replying to them much easier.]

Well, actually I was hoping you would search the debian-devel archives
first and then bring up _new_ points as you saw fit.  I did not expect
you to post your original question again verbatim.  You did have at
least two answers to your original question already.

Why is only the latest unstable package considered for testing?

Since I helped stir the pot I will at least do some homework.  Just
minor searching through the archive turned these up with relevent
discussion.  These are all in the very recent history and not even
back very far.  I am sure I could find some choice gems if I looked
into prior years.  Before anyone posts a follow up at the very least
the following threads of discussion on this list should be mandatory