Re: >2000 packages still waiting to enter testing, > 1500 over age

Josip Rodin <joy@srce.hr> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 12:54:34PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>> I suggest we remove packages which haven't entered testing after more
>> more then 300 days.
>
> Packages can be stuck out of testing due to their dependencies, so 300 days
> of lag only indicates a serious problem with a package, it does not
> automatically imply it. I suggest you spend time fixing stuff on a case by
> case basis, rather than make sweeping generalizations :)

Packages can also be stuck out of testing due to bugs filed specially to
keep the packages out of testing. Frankly, this is not done often
released stable version of the package and the former are development
versions, mostly pulled from cvs, sometimes even daily) should stay in
unstable, or at least never be put in stable.

If the -snap or -devel packages really are more stable than their
counterparts, the former should be removed and the latter upgraded to
the -snap or -devel version.