Re: SASL/LDAP/DB dependency hell.

Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> writes:

> > Actually, though, it seems libdb4.0 and libdb4.1 don't have versioned
> > symbols -- so if a program links against -lsasl and -ldb4.0 there's
> > still a possibility of problems afaict.
>
> Iirc versioned-symbols in db2 and db3 were introduced by the
> respective debian maintainers, and db4 shipped them with upstream but
> my memory might be wrong.

This was based on running objdump -p on the libdb libraries.  For db2
and db3 the output included entries like

Version definitions:
1 0x01 0x05477ab2 libdb2.so.2
2 0x00 0x00004852 DB2

For db4.0 and db4.1 there was no such output.
--
Daniel Schepler              "Please don't disillusion me.  I
schepler@math.berkeley.edu    haven't had breakfast yet."