Re: Location of .pm for arch-dependent package?

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 12:37, Kenneth Pronovici wrote:

> So, it's safe to say that leaving the .pm files in /usr/lib does not
> violate policy?

anthony@bohr:anthony$ find /usr/lib -name '*.pl' -or -name '*.pm' | wc -l
    312
anthony@bohr:anthony$ find /usr/lib -name '*.pl' -or -name '*.pm' -print0 | xargs -0 dpkg -S | cut -d ':' -f1 | sort -u | wc -l
     33

And I don't have that many perl packages installed.

    "In each of the directory pairs above, the lib component is for
     binary (XS) modules, and share for architecture-independent
     (pure-perl) modules." (Perl Policy, 1.3)

Either there are a lot of policy violations (yes, I realize that _some_
of those files may be architecture dependent after all), or policy
should be changed to accept the above.

[ I'm not on debian-perl --- please cc me on replies. ]