Re: /run and read-only /etc

On Apr 07, John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:

 >I don't know how any amount of configuration fixing can get around the fact
 >that usepeerdns requires that /etc/resolv.conf (or what it points to) be
 >futzed with.  Other packages also need to alter resolv.conf.
If you want to mount /etc read only then you should not use a
configuration which requires writing a file in it.
/etc/resolv.conf CANNOT be moved, so if you want both a read only /etc
directory and modifying a file contained in it you will have to use a
symlink.

 >The only solution to the resolv.conf mess I can see is to put a nameserver
 >in base and provide a standardized way to feed forwarders to whatever
 >nameserver is running.
This is stupid. Most hosts do not need a name server at all.

--
ciao, |
Marco | [308 preTvTEhSBzSE]