Re: Familiar packages

On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 04:50:03PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 08:33, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 07:29:48AM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> > > 1) A boot loader (a WinCE executable to load the Linux boot loader into
> > > flash along with the boot loader itself) which is about 370K uncompressed
> > > and 160K compressed.
> >
> > I don't think this makes much sense in Debian, since it makes no sense
> > installed on a Debian system.
>
> It does make sense for a Debian user who wants to get their iPaQ running
> Familiar!

Debian users might want to perform network installations of Red Hat Linux,
as well, but this does not mean that we should package their kernel,
installer, etc.

Does this package provide any value other than simply providing some files
which need to be transferred to another system in order to be useful?

--
 - mdz