Re: master.debian.org randomly deferring mail

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 12:00:02PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Oho. I just noticed I have a third MX that is not currently available.
> Could master's reverse delivery check somehow be trying to check that
> MX, old.kitenet.net, which is a level 20 MX? I'll update my zone file
> and we'll see I suppose.

I have seen several mails from d.o go through my third-priority MX recently
(although I can't quite think of why), so it's certainly possible that it
tried to use your third MX, however...

> Also, secondary MX's go down from time to time, this should not
> cause mail deferrals when the main mail server is still up.

... that would mean that all three of your MXes were down at the time, not
just the third one, because it started from the highest priority (lowest
number) MX.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.