Re: Porting packages to use po-debconf for debconf template translation management

Andre Luis Lopes <andrelop@ig.com.br> wrote:
[...]
> I'm also concerned about backports. I have the impression that changing
> packages to use po-debconf will actually make things worse for
> backporters trying to make packages build correclty on Woody.

If the package uses debhelper and you don't care about losing debconf
translations in the backported package it is easy, you just have to
iirc s/_Description:/Description:/ in the templates file.
             cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_