Re: Debian Usability Research

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 09:07:19AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> In my opinion the official Debian web sites near debian-jr, debian-med
> and debian-desktop are the best place to host this project.

I considered making an official subproject, but since it is just the
continuation of the works of a BOF, I thought we'd best spend some time
to better organize ideas.  For that reason, Alioth seemed good.

However, I realize this is a good occasion to start a discussion in
debian-devel to verify the need of such a subproject.

Good! Let's do it.

What would a Debian Usability project do?

Why not Debian QA?

Who's interested?

If I should give a definition of Debian Usability, I'd go with:

Identify problems in how Debian, or a part of it, addresses a
particular, practical need.  Then study them, and find solutions.

About Debian QA, I'd like to hear the Debian QA people on this: AFAIR
they have always been focused on more practical issues, but this doesn't
mean that they are not interested.

Who's interested?  Me, for sure!

Enrico