Re: Debian Usability Research

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 02:50:04PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> However, I realize this is a good occasion to start a discussion in
> debian-devel to verify the need of such a subproject.
>
> Good! Let's do it.
>

> What would a Debian Usability project do?

Your areas of interest are a good starting point: i think we really need some
new research on those issues. More things may come later in the project. Just
start with the one you've listed.

> Why not Debian QA?

Because i think QA should be (and is) a team for the control and assurance of
the technical quality and compliance to Debian Policy.

> Who's interested?

Well I'm too busy to contribute, but I think there should be a cooperation
between Usability and Policy (more than QA).
I'd like to see something like you solving a usability issue, then working with
the Policy to let your solution be consistent with the other rules; at the
end, QA would ensure (as far as possible) that everything comply.

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][-A-Za-z]*[iy]'?s$   | as fine or rude sentences have