Re: Introducing Alioth: SourceForge for Debian

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 01:28:12AM -0800, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> > It's for Debian projects, it makes Debian stuff independent of external
> > resources (read: of the good will of others). This may seem frivolous, but
> > at times it's a critical feature.
>
> So you're saying that Alioth isn't dependent on the good will of
> others? Who hosts it? Who bought the dual IA64 server?

What kind of independence do you want? Being resistant to fires and other
sabotages sounds good :>

It's independent because only Debian developers have full administrator
privileges on it, so Debian policies are applied.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure HP didn't send the machine to the Netherlands on a
loan. I'm even more sure that TERENA cannot appropriate the machine.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.