Re: Introducing Alioth: SourceForge for Debian

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 11:46:14PM -0800, Philip Brown wrote:
> In "the old days", someone would just "write a script". has that somehow
> become less effective now that XML has been invented? :-/

yes, it has - or why are the "scripts" so often in undocumented and
not-so-well-maintained states that people long for the forcefully
included syntax, and sometimes even semantics, in XML data?

> > ... so who's writing it? Nobody? Then I guess the current state of
> > bugfiling in Debian is not THAT painful for most people. ;-)
> (BTW personally, if one has to choose email or web interface, in this day
>  and age, I'd chose web. Which is presumably why more people are using
>  sourceforge and/or bugzilla over the debian bugtrack system)

Oh, that's why the Debian BTS has added a "download as mbox" feature
some months ago... Don't underestimate the load-spreading features and
the - in tendency - easier ways to mechanically process a bug report
that comes by email. Why is it "world wide wait", and why is your
mailbox stuffed with all sorts of things every morning you reach
your desk?