Re: RFC: New required package: libblkid1

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 08:11:00PM +0100, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> Jesus Climent <jesus.climent@hispalinux.es> writes:
>
> > If LVM stuff is not so different from HP-UX, /etc/lvm* is rebuild everytime a
> > new vg is made available on the system (vgchange -a y vgXX) so that would mean
> > we have to start Yet Another (tm) discussion whether we should move those to
> > another place.
>
> I'm using it so I'm patching it soon.

Wouldn't it be easier for those using the /etc readonly to create a memory
area where you copy /etc and make it read only, but remount it read-write
every time you have to modify something? Or use systrace to allow only
modifications from certain daemons on certains files?

mooch

--
I say NO to WAR. Not with my silence. Not with my blessing. Say NO now

Jesus Climent | Unix SysAdm | Helsinki, Finland | pumuki.hispalinux.es
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69
 Registered Linux user #66350 proudly using Debian Sid & Linux 2.4.20

The fool looks at a finger that points at the sky.
		--The Sacré-Coeur Boy (Amelie)