Re: should I orphan linux-wlan-ng?

>> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:18:56 +1100,
>> Brian May <bam@debian.org> said:

 > Ideally, kernel-source should be a source only package, and
 > kernel-image would build-depend of the source, not the deb file.

 > This would save a little bit of archive disk space in the process.

 > However, considering it is only one package effected(?), I am not
 > sure it is worth the effort.  -- Brian May <bam@debian.org>

	Part of the rationale for kernel-source-X.X.XX packages was
 to provide the Linux kernel source on binary CD's, and to make it
 visible to front end software like dselect. It was too painful to
 download kernel sources over a dialup.

	The conditions have not changed, really, for a lot of our
 users: people in developing nations still use dialup, and thew
 kernel sources are moving upwards of 30MB bzipped.

	I have also heard of people with only binary CD's doing an
 install on a network not connected to the internet; and though
 sneakernet with a USB key would have worked, having sources on the
 cd that had been vetted helped.

	manoj
--
"Science has proof without any certainty.  Creationists have certainty
without any proof." Ashley Montague