Re: should I orphan linux-wlan-ng?

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 12:46:29PM -0800, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
> there are at least two kernel imnage maintainers. if we both could not
> rely upon the kernel-source package, then each package would require its
> own orig.tar.gz and potentially large .diff.gz. if there were new
> patches to add, we would both have to do it, along with our own
> differences.
>
> in this case, a -source package is a very good thing. i cannot speak for
> linux-wlan-ng. i also have not looked at apt-src to see what it could do
> in the kernel-source case.

This is an exception to the rule when more then one source package
depends on a common source (as is the case for kernel-source).

Ideally, kernel-source should be a source only package, and
kernel-image would build-depend of the source, not the deb
file.

This would save a little bit of archive disk space in the process.

However, considering it is only one package effected(?), I am not sure it
is worth the effort.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>