Re: [Moshe Zadka <m@moshez.org>] Independent Count

Russell Coker wrote:
> The people who count votes at government elections are not supposed to be
> affiliated with any party or do anything to affect the outcome of the
> election.
Here, at least for general elections, it is handled the opposite way: The people
who count the votes are a team with diverse enough party affiliation.

> Maybe we should have a similar policy for our elections?
How to get unaffiliated people who do the counting?

If the only problem is the one described in your other mail, maybe this works:

Once the voting system can handle encrypted votes (there was a thread on -vote),
maybe you could have the votes encrypted and then signed. That way, the
encrypted and signed votes could be published (or at least made accessible to
DDs) so that anyone can verify who voted.
That would make voting a bit harder, but then, it's difficult already and using
gpg is a very basic DD skill.

(Just a thought of a random bystander.)

Cheers

T.