Re: /etc/nologin appearing on upgrade

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:04, Russell Coker wrote:
> I was in the middle of upgrading to today's unstable when my machine became
> unstable.  The X server became confused and stopped accepting keyboard
> input for unknown reasons.

This has just happened on a second machine.  Process 1 seems to have the
command-line "init boot" and the system startup scripts are running.  As some
of the daemons are already running one of the startup scripts hangs and then
init doesn't get to reap defunct processes or remove the /etc/nologin file it
created.

I still don't know which package caused this or why.