Re: ifupdown writes to /etc... a bug?

> Is there still something unclear I failed to summarize? This
> thread is starting to have too much talk and too little
> implementation. I want to have a ro root cleanly, and don't
> want this effort to fade.

Explain to me how the ro root makes a difference? There is a lot of talk
about how difficult it is to install a rootkit when the root fs is ro, but
if you already have superuser privileges why can't you just remount root rw
and then drop the rootkit in? If you don't have superuser privilege to do
this then you can write to root owned directories (with the correct
permissions) anyway?
I don't see the win here...

Matt.