Re: ifupdown writes to /etc... a bug?

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 11:40:37AM +0100, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> Doesn't matter if its called /mem, /run, /vlt. I would like to
> preserve the possibility to have just one writeable filesystem.

You mean, like in ln -s var /vlt ? I'm not sure that 2 top level
directories sharing namespace would be a good thing. If you relly want
them on the same filesystems, just mkdir /var/vlr and ln -s it to /vlt,
no ?

> So /vlt and /var should be allowed to be the same fs. So it would be:
>
> 3. rm -rf /vlt/run /vlt/lock; cp -a /etc/vlt/* /vlt

But then you're hardcoding what you remove and make what you add
configurable. Quite messy, no ?

--
Jeremie Koenig <sprite@sprite.fr.eu.org>