Re: standard for executable files under /usr/share

Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
> I suppose nobody ever shares a disk between different architectures
> nowaday anyway, but if it was done, you could put a lot of executables
> that are not shell script (thing java-like bytecode executables, like
> the ocaml apps i package) in it, and not have a copy of it for every
> arch.
>
> But then, like said, i don't think people share a disk between different
> arches, and diskspace is cheap anyway.

Also, I think that typical `sharable' executables tend to on the small
side.  I guess the point is that the extra cost (work/thought/etc)
caused by sharing is greater than savings gained.

-Miles
--
[|nurgle|]  ddt- demonic? so quake will have an evil kinda setting? one that
            will  make every christian in the world foamm at the mouth?