Re: Categorization of packages (was Re: Aptitude, ARs)

Enrico Zini writes:

> - Search the package database
>    - Find a specific package
>       - By package name (I want to see gnumeric package informations)
>       - By incomplete package data (what was that package I used last
>	 year, it sounded like abi-something?)

          By incomplete description or keywords (what package will solve
          the problem at hand?)

90% of the time when I am rooting around among the available packages it is
because I have a specific problem at hand and some notion of a package
that, if it exists, will help me solve it.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)