Re: Aptitude, ARs

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 12:35:24AM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
> > > 2.- The menu code rewrite including it's new hierarchy. After all, it
> > > resembles a proper division on Section/Subsection.
> > Thanks for pointing out.  I was thinking about menu data entries as an
> > alternate source too.  Problem is people does not put package in proper
> > categories if we just set policy and expect things to happen.
>
> We can always report bugs if things don't happen.
>
> I'm interested in helping in the menu issue, too; I've offered help some
> months ago, but I didn't get many answers.  There are some different
> problems there though, like coping with the existing Gnome and KDE menus.

Chris Lawrence seems to MIA WRT Debian at least. Perhaps we should not
bother with the technical implementation for the moment and think about
a sane section hierachy first.

Anyway, I was thinking if we could perhaps come up with a unified
section hierachy for both package browsing and menus. Both have to be
redone IMHO and this would simplify things a lot.

I'm not sure that package sections and menu sections can be considered
equal though. Any thoughts?

Michael