[desktop] New kde3.1.1 implements my suggestions on multiple logins

Hi all.

Do not know it you remember the time were I wrote a mail about real user's
experiences with linux (more exactly with Debian).

One of my complaints was about the fact that going to screensaver mode ended
up in a situation where another user going to the same system could not know
(did not know) how to log in the machine, since it was locked.

 * Introducing kde 3.1.1. *

Kde3.1.1 introduces an implementation of the idea of having multiple login
interfaces, that can be accessed from the screensaver dialog.

So far I have not been able to make it work, but the idea and the
infraestructure is in place.

The session is identified in the login dialog by the name GECOS entry and the
user id.

One thing I do not know if it is already implemented is a way to configure the
shown information and a way to switch from session to session without having
to use the ctrl-alt-fN combination, but instead using a list of available
sessions.

Kudos go to the kde team and to all who help creating a enjoyable user
experience under linux.

mooch

--
Jesus Climent | Unix SysAdm | Helsinki, Finland | pumuki.hispalinux.es
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69

I've decided what to do with my life. I wanna be a cleaner.
		--Mathilda (Leon, the Cleaner)