Re: Bits from the RM: Help Wanted, Apply Within

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 06:50:25PM -0600, Graham Wilson wrote:
> > I hope that rebuilding all the C++ stuff with gcc 3.2 is still on the
> > table for release too.
> >
> > I hope that as many packages as possible can just be rebuilt with gcc
> > 3.0 just cause it's better, but since we have no way to track what has
> > built with what generally, who knows.
>
> why gcc 3.0, and not 3.2?

Probably a mistake, because

# apt-get install gcc-3.0
Password:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package gcc-3.0 has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package gcc-3.0 has no installation candidate

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.