Re: glibc into testing today?

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 10:56:17AM -0800, Craig Dickson wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:
> > Guys, glibc has only been ready for testing itself for, like, a day or
> > so. It might be worth laying off for a moment. :)
>
> Has there been a sudden change within the last day or so? We've been
> waiting for months for glibc 2.3 to reach testing. When I checked the
> BTS not long ago, the only RC bugs listed were licensing issues, and the
> PTS page listed nothing more specific than "taking my time with glibc".
> Accoring to aj's latest statement (the one to which my message was a
> reply), there are still some outstanding issues with some packages that
> don't work with glibc 2.3. That sounds to me like glibc is _not_ ready
> for testing at this time, or at least that it won't go in until other
> packages are ready for it.

I meant, in fact, "ready in and of itself, discounting other packages
with which it has complicated dependency relationships". Assuming that
the licensing bugs are in fact being set aside for now, about which I
have no special knowledge. *shrug*

By "the last day or so", all I mean is that the current version has
reached the end of its grace period. You can check this yourself in the
usual way.