Re: debconf template translation

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 11:27:06PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 04:29:03PM +0100, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
>
> > > 2. bugs are filed after buildd maintainers check the build log
> > And then file bugs if that isn't done...
>
> > Well if it can detect that, why not let it also just add the
> > translations. After all adding some translations is far less complicated
> > than a FTBS bug, which undoubtedly needs human (maintainer)
> > intervention.
>
> Who is responsible for the final contents of the package in such a case?

I must laugh about this. (or miss I a smily?)

IMHO you are the maintainer of freetds, right?

Please go to
http://ddtp.debian.org/cgi-bin/debconf.cgi?part=debconf&package=freetds
and check the de, es, ru translations. Maybe you found some errors.

I hope you can read, write and understand all 18 languages from the
ddtp. If not, the only thing you can do two things:
 1.) you can cut and past the translation in your package
 2.) you can throw away the translation

What will you make and who is responsible for the final text?

only for the record: I know, that you have include some of the
  translation in your packages, I know that the ddtp is lie on this web
  page. The templates are now in the libct0 binary package and not in
  the freetds binary package...

> The maintainer is no longer in control.  Would you make all translators
> DDs and require them to sign translation uploads to ensure
> accountability?

I don't have any problem with a DD, who make only translation works.
Some german translators make >1000 translations.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
«Computers are like air conditioners -- they stop working properly if i