Re: Some proposals

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Joel Baker wrote:

> Unfortunately, the whole point of "volunteer" is that you can only ask for
> help, or encourage people to help, rather than (effectively) demand that
> they do.

It also helps to be focused.  Case in point some time ago there was a
really bad earthquake in Gujarat.  All the Hindu temples in my area
immediately mobilized and despite us all being volunteers with jobs,
families etc. we got help to affected area quickly.  Even before the
government did.  Releasing an OS isn't quite as high-priority as dealing
with a disaster but some clearer focus could help here too.  But Debian is
too big and all-encompassing.  not many people can wrap their heads around
the whole thing.  More structure can help.  I know that personally knowing
I have a timeline to reach specific objectives helps me be more
productive.

> And, for the record: the folks doing QA absolutely rock. It's an often
> thankless job, and they still do it. Three cheers.

Four cheers even.  Thankyou QA people.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>