Re: Problems with evolution

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 10:49, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 10:11:39AM +0100, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> > The Debian evo maintainer seems very busy - the bug list suffers from
> > bad maintenance (like some very old bugs that are not closed (or at
> > least tagged woody). Also, when I offered to go through the bugs, I got
> > no answer (that was last year, so it wasn't because I'm just impatient).
>
> If I were you, I'd just go through the bugs anyway. Don't close bugs
> unless you're the maintainer or submitter, but you can still be helpful
> without doing that.

Depends on my available time :-) My main gripe with evo was the gpg
problems, which have been solved in 1.2.1 and 1.2.2, so the urgency here
has declined... But I will see what I can do (that'd be after 15.3.,
though)

> (http://people.debian.org/~branden/xsf/xsf.html#bugs is a fairly good
> guide to erring on the side of conservatism when helping with other
> people's bug lists.)

And if it's in ~branden, it must be good :-)

Thanks for the link.

greets
-- vbi

--
An authority is a person who can tell you more about something than you
really care to know.