Re: How should this issue be handled, should it be taken to the Technical Ctte?

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 11:22:01AM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:

> It would be good if there was more communication from Herbert.  Also I have

Well I'm happy to answer any questions about initrd-tools.

> written quite a number of helper scripts for making initrd's which I have
> offered to Herbert for inclusion in an "examples" directory, but he has
> declined.

Hmm the only one I can recall from you is the dependency script in #105698
which I feel isn't generic enough for inclusion.  For example it fails to
deal with module aliases which could lead to missing modules.

For now I think it is best left in the BTS for those people looking for it.

The way I'd like to see it dealt with is through using modprobe itself.
It would be ideal if someone can write a dry-run mode for modprobe that
doesn't look at the current list of loaded modules.