Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 09:33:28AM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 09:00:10AM +0100, Emile van Bergen wrote:
>
> > Let's judge the offence at hand and not speculate about the perpetrators
> > mind set and the possible future much worse offenses resulting from that.
>
> > This sounds *way* to much like "Sure he wasn't guilty of /that/, but I'm
> > estaaablishing a pettern of behaaaviour here, y'r honor".
>
> This is not a court of law, and we do not have to deliver justice to an
> upstream who has already fucked over our users once.

I disagree. I think that we should do justice to anybody, whenever we're
capable of doing that.

Speculation over when or if Rüdiger would actually insert /dangerous/
code is beside the point and we should not base any of our actions on it.

Cheers,

Emile.

--
E-Advies / Emile van Bergen   |   emile@e-advies.info