Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 09:53:32PM +0100, Alexander Wirt wrote:
Hmm I think, that if the developer says he needs it, he is proabably
right. Some wishes of a Maintainer should be fulfilled if its possible
and not violating the policy.

I agree here; Martin did not properly handle the situation and has
demonstrated neither the attitude nor the cooperation required in a
debian developer. We all have disagreements, but this seems to go beyond
that. I have seen no good reason why simple and reasonable requests from
the upstream maintainer were ignored.

I don't think that this is neccessary at all. Maybe the maintainer of
the package should change, so that everybody could come down...
Sometimes to people aren't able to work together, then the wisest of
them should get a step back and give another person a chance.

No. He also went too far. The upstream sortware should not be trusted
until the author has demonstrated trustworthiness.

Mike Stone