Re: gnome 2.2 menu structure

On 12-Feb-03, 13:44 (CST), christophe barbe <christophe@cattlegrid.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 01:30:05PM -0500, Shaya Potter wrote:
> > In Internet, I have a lot of mozilla and mozilla-cvs entries, wouldn't
> > it be better if they were a "subfolder", perhaps also having the main
> > browser on the first level.
>
> Because you installed a lot of apps doing the same thing. Do you want
> people using only, for example, galeon-snapshot having to look in a
> browser subfolder with only one entry, because you have installed 10
> browsers on your computer?

Hmm, I might[1] argue that things like mozilla-cvs and and
galeon-snapshot shouldn't have menu entries at all. Consider a
multi-user box; as a sysadmin, you might rather that users have to hunt
a little to find bleeding edge stuff.

Steve

[1] Or I might not. Just a thought, really.

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net