Re: mutt and Mail-Followup-To

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 09:47:26AM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 03:55:43PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Hmm, I could have sworn I manually put the following header in when
> > composing this message:

> > Does Mutt automatically modify this header, thinking it knows better
> > than you what you want, or did I just have an attack of stupidity?
>
> My guess, mutt overwrote it; while mutt does seem to have the best
> processing of Mail-Followup-To out of any MUA I have seen so far, it
> does have its limitations.

quote form manual:
"Note that, when header editing is enabled, you can create a Mail-Followup-To header manually.  Mutt will only auto-generate this header if it doesn't exist when you send the message."

Manually you can also type 'E' in the menu before you send the mail to modify the headers.

In experimenting with it I found one has to do a "list-reply" or "group-reply" in order to honour this header.
Also it is possible for the softweare behind lists.debian.org to overwrite this header, but I don't know about that.

So don't blame Mutt.

floris