complicated dependency problem(tetex-* and dvipdfm)

Hi all,

Please enlighten me.

the current situation:

- tetex-bin depends on tetex-base
- dvipdfm is of its own package (not part of tetex-*)

Forthcoming tetex-* based on (expected to be released soon)
teTeX 2.0 will include dvipdfm so we should set conflicts,
replaces, provides relations in tetex-* with dvipdfm.

But tetex-base includes only supporting files for dvipdfm
and tetex-bin includes a binary "dvipdfm".

Then if one will install/upgrade tetex-*, tetex-base
will be installed first and it should conflict/replace
with dvipdfm but it would be not sufficient to provide
dvipdfm because it doesn't include a binary.

So it is natural to set tetex-bin: provides dvipdfm
but this would make tetex-bin uninstallable because
tetex-base conflicts with dvipdfm.

Even if we provides dummy dvipdfm and set dependency with
an appropriate version, I guess this problem wouldn't be
fixed because "provide dvipdfm (= version)" doesn't work.

Note tetex-base and tetex-bin have their own orig.tar.gz
so it is impossible to include both a binary dvipdfm and
its supporting files in one of tetex-base or tetex-bin.

Is there any good solution?

Best regards,			2003.1.31(Fri)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima