Re: Some ideas about the Debian Runlevel System

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 10:46:00PM +0200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
I happen to disagree that anything else than our current system would be
a sensible default. Most people do not need to keep turning services on
and off all the time, especially not en masse, and thus they benefit
from having a simple system where they don't have to worry about
runlevels at all.

It's not about turning them on and off all the time, it's about choosing
at boot time what services will be running when the boot sequence
completes.

Mike Stone