Re: A birthday message and a RFS for Film Gimp 0.13-1

Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 15:26, Brian Nelson wrote:
>> * 69 people submitted applications
>> * 18 applicants were recommended by their AM's
>> * 3 applicants became maintainers (2 of which were "fast-tracked"
>>   because of their work on d-i)
[...]
> Where are these statistics from? I'm not necessarily doubting them, but
> I can't seem to find any such information on nm.debian.org.
[...]

There is http://nm.debian.org/index.php, but these are different
things, afaict these numbers are either outdated or include only
people who have finished the respective step.

You can simply download the weekly summaries sent to
debian-newmaint from http://lists.debian.org/ and generate
statistics yourself. But imnsho it is a waste of effort - Either
Debian finds a second account manager who shall act independently or
the numbers won't get better. I've read this mailinglist long enough
to realize that it is no simple quest to find somebody qualified,
trusted and willing to do this job.
              cu andreas (no DD)