Re: multiple copies printing problem

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 08:05:28PM +0100, Vera Friederichs wrote:
> Hi,

> I have problems with the behaviour of lpr (woody). When I try to
> print something, the system sends (sometimes) an email, that the job
> could not be printed, but it is printed up to five times.

Check your printer's compatibility with the list at
http://www.linuxprinting.org/ It sounds like lpr isn't communicating
with your printer properly, perhaps you're using the wrong filter?
Check the website and you could always try a different printing system
such as CUPS.

> I have not subscribed to the list, so please answer also to my
> email-address.

You were asking on the wrong list anyway. debian-user is where you
should be posting.

Yours sincerely,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

* Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau              Computer Science & Student Rep, UNSW *
*   # apt-get into it                 Debian GNU/Linux Package Maintainer *
*     <netsnipe(+)debianplanet.org\0>      <alau(+)cse.unsw.edu.au\0>     *
* GnuPG 1024D/2E8B68BD 0B77 73D0 4F3B F286 63F1  9F4A 9B24 C07D 2E8B 68BD *