Re: [desktop] debian backgrounds package

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 01:06:50PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Mark wrote:
>
> > I think the size of the backgrounds should be 1280x1024, and then they
> > can be resized to 1024x768 and these 2 background sizes are used by 80%
> > of the users (according to http://www.kde-look.org/poll/poll.php?poll=19
> s/the users/the current users/
> I guess there will be a change in the not so distant future.
> I would prefer an approach where we provide 1600x1200 and rescale the
> images at installation time using a parameter adjustable by debconf.

  SVG backgrounds! There's the solution. Scales what can be losslessly
scaled and simply place raster bits. That'd be kinda sweet.

  I'll crawl back into my hole now.

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--
"Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of sXXXch, or the right of
the people peaceably to XXXemble, and to peXXXion the government for a redress