Re: Bug#XXXXXX: (far too many packages) needs rebuilt for prelinking

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 02:50:10PM -0500, Jack Howarth wrote:
>    Some folks around here need to learn some basic life skills. Outside of
> that I only filed 16 reports which amount ALL of the packages that are
> problematic. I have been testing prelink for over 6 months on my machine.,
> Few packages need to be rebuilt. However the I sure the programming nazi's
> around here don't want to here that.

I think it would have been fine if you'd just warned people (i.e. this
list) that you were planning to do this in advance, so that we had a
clue about what was going on. It's something of a shock when you're
reading -bugs-dist and you see a pageful of mostly identical reports;
you have to wonder if there are going to be 2000 more coming in in the
near future, particularly if you're responsible for administering the
system.

The documentation that suggests people do things this way isn't meant to
limit your freedom, it's there to minimize conflict and to make sure
large changes are agreed upon before it becomes too complicated to
reverse them.

Cheers,