Re: [desktop] debian backgrounds package

On 03/01/12 at 10:34 Grzegorz B. Prokopski (gadek@debian.org) wrote :
> I took a quick look at the backgrounds and they're really nice!
> Do you have some preliminary debian package or at least a tgz of all
> of them?

No, I will first send an email to each creator, in order to know the
license of it background

> I think that users should vote for a background they like AND the
> resolution they want use for this background. That would give
> much cleaner answer which backgrounds to put into debian-backgrounds
> package.

Why not. All I have to do, is to create such a site !

> What I could suggest is either:
> 1. Create second package, maybe debian-backgrounds-extras which

That's a good idea !

> 2. I belive that all those background _pixmaps_ are created from
> some more flexible formats. Not sure here, but maybe it would be
> suitable to distribiute also the source formats which could then be
> used to generate pixmaps of any arbitrary resolution?
> (sth. like debian-backgrounds-sources)

Unfortunately, I don't think that it is the case for all background.
However, I will write to each creator of background to know it !

--
Jean-Michel Kelbert