Re: dpkg-buildpackage does not know the CPU type

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 07:53:49PM -0500, Bart Trojanowski wrote:
> I have noticed that I can force a CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS env variables when I
> build the package.  Is this the best way?

You can do that but there is no gurantee, that all packages will use it. You
can have a look at pbuilder, but generally Debian is not yet fully
supporting this type of custom builds. Which means it might work but there
is no good documentation.

You may want to have a look at ``pentium-builder'' which is replacing gcc
with a wrapper which ensures the flag is always set.

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --