Re: gcc-3.2 transition breaks build of KDE packages

Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr> writes:

> En réponse à Steve Greenland <steveg@moregruel.net>:
>
>> On 10-Jan-03, 00:49 (CST), "Ivan E. Moore II" <rkrusty@earthlink.net>
>> wrote:
>> > ...qt2 depends on x which will soon be recompiled
>> > with gcc3.2/g++3.2.  I'm not sure what problems will exist if people
>> try
>> > to build qt2 based apps after X is uploaded.  Qt2 built with gcc2.95
>> and
>> > X built with gcc3.2...  Then on top of that the KDE2 stuff..which we
>> really
>> > don't care much about since we are going to KDE3.
>>
>> Uh, the gcc3.2 ABI change is only for C++. Since the X API is C, I
>> don't
>> see how this is a problem. Build qt2 and kde2 with 2.95, keeping the
>> old
>> C++ ABI[1]. Build new stuff with 3.2. Both should work just fine with
>> X.
>
> No, libGLU from Xfree86 is a C++ library and it seems that qt2
> depends on it (for OpenGL purpose I think).

Well, if GL support were removed from Qt2, it appears as though the
only package that would be affected would be innovation3d, which
probably can be rebuilt against Qt3 anyway.

--
My secret to happiness... is that I have a heart of a 12-year-old boy.
It's over here in a jar.  Would you like to see it?