Re: gcc-3.2 transition breaks build of KDE packages

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 01:38:40PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > I just want to show I have done what was written in the mail on
> > debian-devel-announce, and it doesn't work. The real problem is that all
> > KDE package build-depends on kdelibs-dev which is not installable.
> >
> > In fact, the thing to do is to wait for KDE 3. I only hope there will no
> > bug reports on a KDE package, since bugs can't be fixed at least on other
> > architectures than the uploader one.
>

> I'd rather NMU KDE if it has to be done, rather than pretend that
> the bug is unfixable ;P
>
> (oh, that requires X NMU as well :( )

kdelibs-dev is not installable mainly due to libfam-dev...with the gcc3.2
transition libfam-dev depends on libfam0c102 which conflicts with libfam0
which kdelibs3 Depends.  So we end up with kde2/qt2 issue as we proceed
through this transition.  qt2 depends on x which will soon be recompiled
with gcc3.2/g++3.2.  I'm not sure what problems will exist if people try
to build qt2 based apps after X is uploaded.  Qt2 built with gcc2.95 and
X built with gcc3.2...  Then on top of that the KDE2 stuff..which we really
don't care much about since we are going to KDE3.

what to do what to do...

--
Ivan E. Moore II