Re: Debian GPG Key maintainence?

On Mon, 06 Jan 2003, Steve Kemp wrote:
>   What's the best way to start using the new address with
>  my Debian duties?  Presumably I should create a new key
>  and sign it with the old one.

No, that you give you no end of trouble. Just add a new UID to your old key,
and get people to sign it.  Use a new gpg, make this new UID the "main" one,
and upload the key to keyring.debian.org.

Revoke the old uid IF you don't want people to use it anymore (this has
nothing to do with Debian).  I suggest you use a @debian.org address, that
you forward to wherever you read your real email.  It has the potential of
being far more stable a choice :-) and add THAT to your key...

  Henrique Holschuh