Re: Suggested press release in reaction to RHAT dropping sparc and alpha

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 10:32:20PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 14:57:40 +0100, Russell Coker
> <russell@coker.com.au> wrote:
> >Doing the work themselves (and joining Debian if they aren't already a
> >developer).
>
> As you might know, it is awfully hard to become DD nowadays. I doubt
> that the programmers from $BIGCO will pass DAM stage any faster than
> other skilled applicants.

You naturally hear much more from the ones who are delayed than those
who are accepted in a reasonable time. For instance, I can immediately
think of at least one person from a company building Debian-related
products who was recently accepted quite quickly with minimal fuss.