Re: Build Daemon and source only uploads.

On Fri, 03 Jan 2003, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> I've tried to upload only source package and see if the build daemons get

Don't.

> the package. It worked for "any" architecture and failed for "all"
> architecture. It said:

We do not have build daemons for arch-independent packages, on purpose.

> I think the source only uploads guarantees the sane and model environment
> to compile binary packages. It would be fine if the build daemon compiled

Install pbuilder, and use it to compile from a clean system.  Source-only
uploads are frowned upon, since there are maintainers out there that would
not even _try_ to compile their packages before uploading if we accepted
such uploads...

  Henrique Holschuh