Re: A birthday message and a RFS for Film Gimp 0.13-1

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 11:49:17AM -0500, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Yes, it *is* annoying to wait "in the dark" and not know why your
> application isn't getting processed. (I should know, I've been through
> that before.) But public displays of impatience only makes the wait
> longer. (And possibly gives the DAM yet more reason to not work on
> your application---there isn't very much incentive, from the
> perspective of a DAM, to give accounts to people who repeatedly shows
> signs of impatience in public, whether or not said public image is
> accurate.)

in that case, sack the DAM and get someone who's actually willing to do
the job that he volunteered to do.  nobody voted to give troup veto
power over who gets to join debian, nobody voted to allow him to ignore
applications for months or years or however long it takes for NM's to
give up in disgust.  if he won't do the job he volunteered to do then he
should get out of the way and let someone else do it.

there's plenty of DD's who have volunteered to either help out or take
over the role, and who have been around for enough years to be trusted
to do it.

this shit has gone on for far too long.  it needs to be fixed.  no more
worthless lies about how it'll get better soon when james has time to
deal with it.  we all know they're just bullshit.  this is not about
lack of time, it's about lack of inclination.  NM's don't get approved
because troup doesn't want any new members in debian.  that's the truth
and i'm damned sick of seeing people pretend that it's just overwork or
insufficient time.  this goes beyond mere dereliction of duty, it is
deliberate abuse of his position as DAM to enforce his wishes on debian.

so, we have two choices.  we either fix it or we quit pretending that
debian even resembles a democratically run organisation with a
constitution and rules of association.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>