Re: A birthday message and a RFS for Film Gimp 0.13-1

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 11:49:17AM -0500, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > Gosh, didn't enough people tell you already that ranting does not
> > help?
>
> If anything, ranting probably prolongs the process, because it often gives
> people a bad impression about the ranter.

I dont see it as a bad thing if somebody alerts about a heavy flaw in our
DAM aproval process. We got so arrogant to our developers.

Back then when I applied, nearly no filtering was done to new maintainers,
and I fail to see, how it is fair to stress other developers.

Sure one can work hrough sponsors. but for one this is putting unneeded work
on the sponsor (the fact tha they do not complain does not mean that they
are happy with it. If for one hate to sponsor people for years, and the only
reason I do it is, that I know that stopping sponsoring would kill the new
maintainers chance to get approved).

> But equally true is that complaining about it only makes it worse.

This could be a clever mythstp up by the DAM to silence critics. I am not
sure if we should support that.

And yes, we just had the discussion before, but I do not see that anything
has chnaged.

Greetings
Bernd
--